Drivers are an essential part of transportation departments as they are responsible for commuting children safely to and from school. Yet, between hiring, retaining, training, and managing drivers, this can be one of the greatest challenges transportation directors have to deal with.
As such, school districts have adopted a series of measures to ensure drivers can guarantee everyone’s safety, their own included. Constant training, driving history, and background record checks are just a few of the protocols put into place to make sure drivers are well prepared to assure child’s safety. Other protocols include mandatory pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing (School Bus Facts). All these safety checks help to reassure parents and schools that children’s commuting is in responsible and capable hands.
The good news here is that the transportation department’s efforts have shown to be effective. Parents can trust that commuting in a school bus is one of the most reliable ways kids can go to and from school, as school buses are among the safest vehicles out there (NHTSA). Still, in the US between 2007-2016 there were 1,282 people killed in school-transportation-related crashes, and 9% of those deaths came from school transportation vehicles (Crash Stats). This means although it is safe for children to ride the bus there is still room for improvement.
Looking to up your transportation operation? Viafy Driver’s App can help you in several ways, continue to read and find out all the advantages it can offer.
Benefits of the Driver App
- Track drivers working hours with a reliable clock in and clock out system, making staff management and budget control effortless for transportation directors.
- Easily register each driver’s activities in the workplace and set pay codes accordingly.
- Connect the app to your payroll system and simplify reporting and payments for everyone involved.
- Access our Health & Safety Module through the app to track protocol compliance thus ensuring your and your community’s well-being.
- Use the app to seamlessly create accurate routes and stops as your buses are running, these will automatically upload to your Viafy system.
- The best part?! The app can be downloaded to both Android and iOS-based phones for FREE, no additional pieces of hardware are needed.
See for yourself how this revolutionary technology is helping transportation directors and drivers alike stay on top of their game. With this app, transportation directors have more control over each driver while drivers get full transparency on their working hours.
Children’s and staff safety is first and foremost on everyone’s list, technology like this is one of the most important and reliable resources for that matter.